The design challenge was to create an enduring chair built for institutional and commercial interiors. Jac brings together the renewable sustainability of timber, structural robustness of steel, and body-friendly contouring of plastic.
Jac’s development took 5+ years of collaboration between Schamburg + Alvisse and Zenith's sales, marketing, engineering, and manufacturing teams.
• The first stage sculpted an understated form to deliver comfort, safety, and ease-of-cleaning.
• The second stage engineered Jac’s structure to ensure compliance with international strength and safety standards.
• The final stage assessed Jac’s strength, safety, and indoor air emissions against rigorous international standards.
Jac has been independently assessed and certified for strength and safety by:
• AFRDI* “Blue Tick” certified for public space use for people up to 135kg. ( Jac Side Chair base model )
• ANSI** / BIFMA X5.1-2017 - General Purpose Office Chair strength testing. (Jac Side Chair timber models.)
• Greenguard “Gold Certified” for low chemical emissions ( All models )
* AFRDI: Australasian Furnishing Research and Development Institute
* ANSI: American National Standard for Office Furniture)
• Designed for easy disassembly and repair.
• Armless versions are stackable for space-efficient storage.
• High-contact surfaces are impervious and easy to sanitise.