Timeline + Fees
If you have an innovative design project you believe is worthy of recognition, then we want to hear from you.
Please review the Timeline, Eligibility Criteria and Fees before submitting your entry to the Australian Good Design Awards.
- The Australian Good Design Awards is an international awards program that accepts entries from all countries and regions.
- Entry must be completed or available on the market prior to the Australian Good Design Awards Ceremony. Projects still under development or construction are not eligible to enter.
- Product entries must be complete products, not parts thereof. Individual products sold within a range (not for individual sale) are not eligible to enter – the full range must be submitted for evaluation. A component of a product is not eligible to enter unless it is sold separately.
- Medical and/or therapeutic goods available for sale in Australia must have appropriate Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approval to be eligible for entry. Entries must comply with any applicable standards and/or safety certification (only if required).
Next Gen Category Eligibility Criteria
- Entrants must be 30 or under at the time of the Entry Deadline.
- Entrants must be Australian or New Zealand citizens or studying at a recognised Australian or New Zealand University, TAFE or secondary college.
- Entries are not required to be commercially available. Concepts and University projects are eligible for entry.
Late February 2023
Early Bird Deadline
17 March 2023
05 May 2023
May to July 2023
Late July / Early August 2023
Fri 08 September 2023 – Melbourne, Australia
Entry to the Australian Good Design Awards incurs a standard Registration Fee, as below.
|Next Gen (Student)||Free to Enter|
|Social Impact||$150 AUD per entry|
|All Other Disciplines||$450 AUD per entry|
Early Bird Discount of 10% automatically applied to all entries submitted before midnight (AEST) Friday 17 March 2023.
All fees are excl. GST and may be subject to an additional credit card surcharge.
Winning entries will be automatically included in the Winner’s Package at an additional cost.
Winner's Package Fees
The Good Design Winner’s Package provides winners with the opportunity not only to celebrate and promote their success, but to gain recognition and exposure to a global audience. It offers an array of benefits that are designed to help you maximise the impact of your award-winning project.
The Winner’s Package incurs an additional fee, based on the applicant’s company size. For applicants where the Winner’s Package cost is a barrier to entry, Good Design Australia offers financial assistance on a case-by-case basis.
|Company Size||Winner’s Package Fee|
|Start-up||$450 AUD per winning entry|
|Small||$950 AUD per winning entry|
|Medium||$1,950 AUD per winning entry|
|Large||$2,950 AUD per winning entry|
|Enterprise||$3,950 AUD per winning entry|
*All fees are excl. GST and may be subject to an additional credit card surcharge.
Winner’s Package Inclusions:
- Unrestricted use of Good Design Award registered trademark
- Lifetime Project Profile on the Good Design Index
- Media Release with personalised Jury Comments
- Engraved Good Design Award Trophy
- Two Good Design Award Certificates
- Feature in Good Design Awards Yearbook
- Use of Korean Good Design Award Trademark (by request)
- Ongoing promotion through Good Design Social Channels