Process + Timeline
To submit an entry to the Australian Good Design Awards, follow the steps below and keep an eye on the Timeline for important dates.
We highly recommend preparing your responses to the Online Entry Form ahead of time using the downloadable Draft Application Form below prior to submitting your entry online.
If you have any questions or require assistance with your entry, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Entry can be designed and developed in Australia or overseas.
- Entry must be completed/available on the market prior to the Australian Good Design Awards Ceremony.
- Projects still under development or construction are not eligible to enter.
- Product entries must be complete products, not parts thereof. Individual products sold within a range (not for individual sale) are not eligible to enter – the full range must be submitted for evaluation. A component of a product is not eligible to enter unless it is sold separately.
- Medical and/or therapeutic goods available for sale in Australia must have appropriate Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approval to be eligible for entry. Entries must comply with any applicable standards and/or safety certification (only if required).
Eligibility for Next Gen Category
- Entrants must be 30 or under at the time of the Entry Deadline.
- Entrants must be Australian or New Zealand citizens or studying at a recognised Australian or New Zealand University, TAFE or secondary college.
- Entries are not required to be commercially available. Concepts and University projects are eligible for entry.
To submit your entry, please complete your entry via the Entry Portal. If you need to draft your entry between team members. you can use the Draft Application Form to prepare your entry.
2021 Early Bird Deadline
12 March 2021
2021 Entries Deadline
30 April 2021
2021 Extended Deadline
14 May 2021
The Australian Good Design Awards is widely regarded as having one of the most rigorous and transparent design evaluation processes in the industry. Our judging experts take great pride in setting international best practice in design evaluation.
Successful Entries Notified
Winners Package Opt-Out Deadline
The Australian Good Design Awards Week brings our design community together to celebrate the best in design and innovation over the year, where the Winners will be announced over a week-long series of online announcements.
Australian Good Design Awards Week
11-15 October 2021