Process & Timeline
To submit an entry in the Good Design Awards, follow the steps below. If you have any questions or require assistance with your entry, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Eligibility for Next Gen Category Only
- Entrants must be 30 and under at the time of the closing date of the Awards.
- Entrants must be Australian citizens at the time of the closing date of the Awards.
- Entrants who are not Australian citizens and who are studying at a recognised Australian University, TAFE or secondary college are eligible to apply.
- Entries in the Next Gen category, are not required to be commercially available. Concepts and University projects are eligible for entry.
Eligibility for All Other Categories
- Entry can be designed and developed in Australia or overseas.
- Entry must be available on the market prior to the Good Design Awards Ceremony.
- Prototypes, off-tool samples or products, services or projects still under development or construction are not eligible to enter.
- Medical and/or therapeutic goods available for sale in Australia must have appropriate Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approval to be eligible for entry. Entries must comply with any applicable standards and/or safety certification (only if required).
- Product entries must be complete products, not parts thereof. Individual products sold within a range (not for individual sale) are not eligible to enter – the full range must be submitted for evaluation. A component of a product is not eligible to enter unless it is sold separately.
To submit your entry, please complete the online Application Form via the Enter Now link.
2019 Entries Open
2019 Extended Entries Deadline
4 April 2019
Entry Samples Delivery
Deadline (Small to Medium Samples)
18 April 2019
Judging Venue Entry Samples Delivery Date
(Large to X Large Samples)
6 May 2019
The Good Design Awards are widely regarded as having the most rigorous evaluation process in the industry. Our judging experts take great pride in setting international best practice in design evaluation.
6 to 10 May 2019
Successful Entries Notified
17 May 2019
Winners Package Opt-Out
24 May 2019