Image: Cadillac Lyriq_001 Photography by General Motors
Image: Cadillac Lyriq_002 Photography by General Motors
Image: Cadillac Lyriq_003 Photography by General Motors
Image: Cadillac Lyriq_004 Photography by General Motors
Image: Cadillac Lyriq_005 Photography by General Motors
Image: Cadillac Lyriq_006 Photography by General Motors
Image: Cadillac Lyriq_007 Photography by General Motors
The design challenge for the Cadillac LYRIQ was to push the boundaries of what a future EV could be for the brand. New technologies in lighting and choreography were paramount in the exploration.
Proportions needed to be bold and striking. It was truly a blank canvas for the team to explore and define the future of Cadillac EV's.
The Cadillac LYRIQ delivered on all that we, as a design team, set out to accomplish. The slim front vertical lighting is all-new in the industry and delivers that bold vertical Cadillac signature.
The choreography of lighting around the vehicle from the lit grille, lit emblem, front and rear lamps is a sight to behold. The proportions and surfacing of the Cadillac LYRIQ are unmistakably Cadillac.
The Cadillac LYRIQ marks the beginning of a transformation to shift Cadillac to an all-electric brand over the next decade. Cadillac's first electric SUV makes a bold design statement that introduces a new face, proportion and presence for the brand's new generation of EVs. It's a forward-looking vision unconstrained by the needs of a traditional internal combustion engine and driveline.
The LYRIQ represents the next iteration of the iconic brand's styling, enabled by electrification, as only Cadillac can express. Inside and out, LYRIQ is a thoughtful integration of design and technology and is intended to make every drive an occasion.
- A 33-inch-diagonal advanced LED display artfully integrates a single, large screen that spans the viewing area for the driver and incorporates driver information details, infotainment controls and camera views.
- Upon approach, the LYRIQ recognizes the driver and initiates a "greeting" with a choreographed lighting sequence, while also preparing the cabin for the journey, including seat, mirror and climate system adjustments.
- Charging options that fit a variety of preferences for home, the workplace and on the road - including DC fast charging rates over 150 kilowatts and Level 2 charging rates up to 19 kW.
- LYRIQ will offer the enhanced version of Super Cruise, the industry's first truly hands-free driver assistance feature, available on more than 200,000 miles of enabled roads and recently updated to include lane change on demand.
- New technologies such as dual-plane augmented reality-enhanced head-up display and remote self-parking.